Sunday, December 7, 2008

Curve Balls

Life throws some curve balls. If curve balls are thrown too hard and hit, they really hurt. I am not sure if it is more painful to be the one hit or to see someone I love hit.

Bekah just was hit by a curve ball in life. This one was thrown really hard and the result is very painful. I feel that pain just as if that ball hit me. Part of being a parent is feeling each child's pain.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on your handmaiden, Rebekah.

That is all there is to it.

1 comment:

Ray said...

I am surprised that I am the first to comment on this one. Rebekah is a fortunate child to have a mother and father who are really empathetic towards her. Rebekah has caught you near the finished product of the Potter, We experienced you at the lump of clay stage of being formed. (ha ha) In either case unfortunately for you mom it seems parents are not appreciated until long after the parenting process is completed. Its great to see how you have grown as a person loving, caring, and growing in relationship to God, family, and community. It has not been an easy transition from the caccoon to the butterfly. I have learned to appreciate your parenting influence in my life. Love You!